FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
If you have a burning passion to build websites or mobile applications this program will provide you a solid foundation in the skills needed. After completing this program you will be prepared to work on a high performing team. Let’s chat about taking the next step in your journey.
Flexible Classroom Environment
Our open classroom environment is available for students to work during the week completing projects and studying. Students can complete their assignments on campus or from home using our Online Learning Management System.
Students are required to attend class on Saturday and Sunday as well as complete all required projects, assessments and a final project. Our program is full time with a flexible schedule. Students may choose to work part-time. It requires a 30-40 hour per week commitment to get through all the material in 8 weeks.
Internship and Industry Experience
Students will participate in an internship with a local San Diego company and complete a project that adds business value to the organization.
The program includes topics such as software development, front-end development, continuous delivery principles, 12-factor design patterns, and professional soft skills.
After completing the course, a student is expected to:
- Be able to effectively use data structures such as Arrays, Functions, Objects, and Strings in
- Be able to use HTML and CSS to layout web pages
requests to web servers
- Be able to write unit and integration tests with Mocha
- Be able to use RESTfull API Services
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency with Git and Git Workflow
- Be able to deploy the client side part of a website to a publically available web server using 12 factor app
methodologies with continuous integration
- Be able to work well on a software team and in Agile development environments
San Diego Code School prepares each student for multiple collaboration situations in the workforce such as pair partnering, group projects, mob programming, and individual projects. Each student will have the opportunity to partner and work with a local business or entrepreneurs on their final projects.
We also partner with employers and the local business community to place our students and offer guidance throughout their job search after they graduate. We will help each student create their new software engineering resume, create or update their LinkedIn page, demonstrate mock interviews and help with correspondence between student and employers.
INTRODUCTION TO WEB DEVELOPMENT
- Working with Command Line Tools
- Time Management
- Learning How to Learn
INTERMEDIATE WEB DEVELOPMENT
- Introduction to React
- React State Management
- React Routing
- Git Workflow
- Continuous Delivery
- “Googling Skill” increases
- Build a Full-stack “Real World” app for a local business
- Go from Memorize to Synthesis
- Focus on problem-solving skills and teamwork
- Interview and Job Search Prep
- Job search coaching
- Mock Interviews
- Career Fair
- Weekly 1:1 until you get a job
READY TO BEGIN A NEW CAREER IN TECH?
Answer a few questions and we will put you in touch with one of our advisors.
Information technology continues to develop and increasingly plays a major role in science and engineering, as well as daily life. Software engineering is defined as the study of how software systems are constructed, including topics such as project management, quality assurance, and software testing; moreover, software engineering utilizes hands-on approaches to construct, maintain, and manage the overall life cycle of software.